Valley High School is finishing preparations for their second annual National GEAR UP Day celebration to be held on September 30. Activities include:
- Business and Community Leaders Breakfast starting at 8:00 am.
- Campus tours and classroom visits
- Lunch-time Student activities and performances
- An opportunity to network with business and community leaders, families, and educators.
National GEAR UP Day is a celebration of transformative work of California GEAR UP – Valley High School Collaboration that includes dramatic gains in the statewide API, the opening of a Family Center, distribution of 100 Education Trust Awards, the implementation of a Leadership Skills Initiative, as well as on-going school-wide academic support.
Confirmed attendees include:
- Penny Edgert Principal Investigator, California GEAR UP, Executive Director, California Education Roundtable
- Robert Oakes, Vice President & General Counsel, Association of Independent California Colleges & Universities
- Vicki Lovotti, Executive Assistant, Intersegmental Coordinating Committee
- Carolyn Hamilton, CA Dept of Education, P-16 Policy Development Division
- Alice Kawazoe, Consultant, CAPP
- Timoteo Rico, Director, EAOP UC Davis
- Jessie Ryan, Associate Director, Campaign for College Opportunity
- Arlene Greene, Deputy Director, Scholarshare Investment Board
- Marsha Robinson, Ellen Ringer, Middle Grades Improvement Office, CA Dept of Education
For information on this event or to attend, please contact Deisy Padilla:DPadilla@egusd.net
Continue to follow events across the state as we cover National GEAR UP Day across California.